Peanuts to be exact 🙂
As one year draws to a close and the new year fast approaches with a sense of excitement we reflect on the accomplishments of the year and review our so-called “wins” and “losses” (our goals and objectives).
To you the reader today I hope you realize these three points
- there is no such thing as a “loss”
- how much you have won
- how blessed you are
This little email that circulates at least once a year is well worth repeating but I thought I’d like it somewhere for all to see and ponder.
It isn’t the letters after your name nor the awards nor any fancy title that makes a difference in the long run – it’s the hope, the smiles, the inspiration and the love you’ve given to everyone you encounter that makes your life full and free.
The following is the philosophy of Charles Schultz, the creator of the ‘Peanuts’ comic strip. You don’t have to actually answer the questions. Just read straight through, and you’ll get the point.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America Contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress…
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. They are not second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are NOT the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones who care.
Feel free to share this with those who have made a difference in your life.
‘Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia .. ‘